Release of Student Information
Student directory information available for use by the district includes the student's name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, grade level, enrollment status, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletic teams, dates of attendance, degrees and awards received, the most recent previous educational agency or institution attended by the student, photograph and other likeness, and other similar information.
In regards to publicity, websites and district social media sites, the district may publish student information such as student name, grade, age, school, awards, degree, weight and height (as appropriate for athletic publicity), as well as artwork, writing, photos, and video.
Parents who do not want directory information released about their child . . .
Are required to fill out the refusal slip available and return to their student's school no later than two weeks following the start of the school year.
Related Board Policies
- Student Records Access - 506.1
- Student Directory Information - 506.2
- Use of Directory Information Regulation - 506.2R1
- Parental Authorization for Releasing Student Directory Information - 506.2E1
Photos of Students on School Grounds
Please use responsibility in taking pictures on school grounds and sensitivity regarding what you do with the pictures. Be sure to use caution in posting pictures of others on-line and especially those of others' children.
Be mindful that:
- You are personally responsible for the content you publish online. Be aware that what you publish will be public for a long time.
- Your online behavior should reflect the same standards of honesty, respect, and consideration that you use face-to-face.