Organizational Coherence represents the conscious commitment to align the District as one team, unified in a singular commitment to support all schools, students, and families, and build a culture of continuous improvement centered on designing equitable systems for school and instructional improvement.
Aim 1: BCSD will increase the use of systemic structures for continuous improvement.
- Goal 1a: By the school year 2026-2027, 100% of the roles, responsibilities and decision-making parameters will be clearly defined for the district and building levels, including staff.
- Goal 1b: By the school year 2026-2027, 100% of district departments will develop quality assurance systems in order to monitor improvement efforts.
Aim 2: BCSD will increase communication to facilitate collaboration across offices, schools, and families.
- Goal 2a: By school year 2026-2027, 80% of stakeholders (i.e. students, staff, families) will report satisfaction around district communication efforts.
Learning & Achievement for All
Learning and Achievement for All is our most critical commitment - it represents our promise to provide academic excellence for all. BCSD will ensure all students have equitable access to and engagement with programs and supports that reduce barriers to learning.
Aim 1: BCSD will increase the capacity of district administrators to be instructional leaders.
- Goal 1a: By school year 2026-2027, all building administrators and identified district administrators will participate in quarterly professional development on data literacy to understand the importance of data and learn to apply data to their work.
- Goal 1b: By school year 2026-2027, Bettendorf Community School District will have identified and implemented with fidelity a district-wide evidence-based instructional framework across all BCSD school sites.
Aim 2: BCSD will prepare all staff members to support and challenge all students.
- Goal 2a: By the school year 2026-2027, the district will have identified and developed a list of district-approved interventions for Math and English Language Arts/Literacy for grades PreK-12.
- Goal 2b: By the school year 2026-2027, 85% of instructional staff will implement differentiated academic interventions for all student groups at least weekly.
- Goal 2c: By the school year 2026-2027,100% of certified staff will participate in quarterly professional development on data literacy aimed at increasing their ability to incorporate data-based decision-making within their PLC.
- Goal 2d: By the school year 2026-2027, 75% of certified staff and administration will demonstrate data-driven instructional decisions.
Aim 3: BCSD will improve academic outcomes across all student groups.
- Goal 3a: By the school year 2026-2027, the percentage of all students who score proficient or above on district and/or state summative assessments in math and literacy will increase by 20%.
- Goal 3b: By the school year 2026-2027, the percentage of middle and high school students from historically underrepresented groups enrolled in advanced courses will increase by 50 percent.
Student Accessibility & Supports
Student Accessibility and Supports will ensure students have equitable access to and engagement with programs and supports that reduce barriers to learning.
Aim 1: BCSD will facilitate learning environments that prioritize inclusivity, connectedness, and social/emotional wellness for all.
- Goal 1a: By the school year 2026-2027, the percentage of students receiving behavioral referrals in all student groups will be proportional to their student group’s enrollment.
- Goal 1b: By the school year 2026-2027, 85% of instructional staff will implement differentiated behavioral strategies for all student groups at least weekly.
- Goal 1c: By the school year 2026-2027, the district will implement a structured wellness program for all employees that will include in-district services, local supports, and referred mental health resources.
- Goal 1d: By the school year 2026-2027, 80% percent of staff will report feeling that their wellbeing is considered and prioritized by the district.
Aim 2: BCSD will prepare all students for post-secondary education and the workforce.
- Goal 2a: By the school year 2026-2027, all BCSD students, K-12, will have structured opportunities for career exploration within the curriculum inside and outside of the classroom.
Strategic Resources Allocation
Strategic Resource Allocation is our commitment to being good stewards of the district’s resources by strategically providing differentiated resources and support to schools and departments in order to eliminate opportunity and achievement gaps for all student groups.
Aim 1: BCSD will use resources and supports efficiently and effectively to ensure the overall fiscal health of the district.
- Goal 1a: By the school year 2026-2027, 100% of District General Fund resources will be allocated based on identified district strategic goals with a focus on ensuring underperforming and underrepresented student groups receive priority allocation.
- Goal 1b: By the school year 2026-2027, Bettendorf will have a comprehensive budgeting process which will focus on resource allocation and fiscal health in all areas.
Aim 2: BCSD will implement strategic budgeting to equitably allocate resources.
- Goal 2a: By the school year 2026-2027, 100% of district technology, facility improvement and maintenance budgets will align directly with technology infrastructure, capital improvement and facility maintenance plans.
Aim 3: BCSD will increase recruitment and retention of staff, especially from diverse backgrounds.
- Goal 3a: By the school year 2026-2027, 85% of staff will indicate moderate to high levels of workplace satisfaction and connection.
- Goal 3b: By the school year 2026-2027, the percentage of staff from historically underrepresented backgrounds will more closely align to our student population.
Family & Community Engagement
Our promise that all staff, students, families, and the community feels welcomed, valued and respected.
Aim 1: BCSD will ensure that all families and community members will feel welcomed, respected and valued.
- Goal 1a: By the school year 2026-2027, 80% of families and community members will feel included in the decision-making process.
- Goal 1b: By the school year 2026-2027, 80% of volunteers and guest staff will feel welcomed and empowered to support the delivery or education services to students.
Aim 2: BCSD will engage families as authentic partners in the education of their students.
- Goal 2a: By the school year 2026-2027, 90% of students and families will feel their input is valued and informs key school and district decisions.
- Goal 2b: By the school year 2026-2027, family participation in school and district events will increase by 35% among those from historically underrepresented and marginalized backgrounds.