Online registration for the 2021-2022 school year is now open!
Please complete registration by March 31 to help ensure placement. Current parents will register through their Infinite Campus Parent Portal account.
2021-2022 School Year
School Year Begins - Monday, August 23
Registration for Returning Families
To register online through your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account, click the ‘MORE’ link from the black menu on the left. Next, click ‘Online Registration’ in the middle of the screen to begin the process.
Take time now to access your Parent Portal account to verify that the information present is accurate and that you have access to all your students. You cannot register using a student account. If you do not have a Campus Parent Portal account, please contact your building secretary as soon as possible. If you need help with your password, please contact the school building secretary.
Instructions for Shared Housing
If a parent(s) lives with the child in a doubled-up situation, the person who is the legal resident of that address (e.g., grandparent or friend) needs to complete a Notarized Statement of Residency. Please contact your student(s) school or the district administration office to assist with this process. You will need to bring photo identification and proof of residency (Mid-American, water or sewer bill, signed lease agreement, etc).
The request for busing will be available online. More information to come.
Free & Reduced Applications/Student Fee Waiver
The Free & Reduced Application is online and can be accessed through your Parent Portal account. In the left menu bar, select Applications/Forms and then Meals Benefits Application. When completing the application for free or reduced lunch, applicants will be able to select “permission to share” for the other discounted fees, such as student fees. Eligibility requirements are updated each year; please do not complete the form for the 2021-2022 school year until after July 1.
If you are not filing a Free & Reduced application but do wish to be considered eligible for other reduced fees, you must complete a separate Student Fee Waiver. The form is available at your school building or online on the district website. Select Services from the top menu bar; then Nutrition Services and Student Fee Waiver.
Fee payment and registration are two separate actions; you will need to complete both. 2021-2022 fee statements will be available after July 1.
Enrollment - New Students
Superintendent's Administrative Assistant
(563) 359-3681, ext. 3001
Students New to the District
In order to facilitate enrolling your child in the Bettendorf Community School District, please bring the following items to the school. See which elementary school your student would attend. Due to COVID-19 precautions - please call your school before visiting.
- Proof of Birth – Child’s birth certificate or other legal document with his/her date of birth, such as a passport or baptismal certificate. Proof of Birth acceptable documentation:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Hospital certificate
- Notarized copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Child’s valid passport/visa
- Physician certificate
- Original baptismal certificate indicating the child’s date of birth
- Prior school records indicating the date of birth
- Proof of Residency – May include a utility bill, signed lease agreement, or an approved offer to purchase or build a home in the district. Families who reside with another family within the district may provide proof of residency by securing a notarized statement from the owner/renter of the residence stating the living arrangement. You can obtain your notary at your student's school or the Bettendorf Community School District Administration Center.
- Immunization Record – Proof of up-to-date immunizations from doctor or former school district.
- Name, Address, and Phone Number of Previous School District. Parents/guardians will be asked to sign a release for records which the Bettendorf Community School District will fax to the student’s previous district.
The buildings will complete the enrollment process by giving the family an enrollment link to complete.
Other information regarding school policy can be found by reviewing Bettendorf Community School District website links to Board policy and each school’s student handbook.
Release of Student Information
The school district has designated the following information as directory information: student's name, address and telephone number; date and place of birth; parent(s)/guardian(s) name, grade level, enrollment status, participation in officially recognized activities and sports; weight and height of members of athletic teams; dates of attendance; degrees and awards received; and the most recent previous educational institution attended by the student; photograph and other likeness and other similar information. Additionally, student art, writing, or pictures may be posted and credited on the district’s web pages.
Parents who do not want directory information released about their child . . .
Should fill out the refusal slip available and notify their principal no later than two weeks following the start of the school year. Board Policy 506.2E1
- Student Directory Information 506.2