Fewer than 5 absences help to keep kids on track during the school year.
Missing a day, is missing a day. Your child has a right to 180 days per year. Missing just two days a month or 18 days a year makes your child chronically absent and putting them at risk. Eight in ten chronically absent kindergarten and 1st grader students will not read at grade level by the end of 3rd grade. Three of four 6th grade students who are chronically absent will not graduate high school.
Keep kids in school and help give them the future they deserve.
Tips to Help Aim for 5 or Fewer Absences
- Set up a regular bedtime.
- Prep clothes and backpacks the night before.
- only keep children home if they are truly sick
- Have a back-up plan for getting to school
- Avoid scheduling doctor's appointments and trips during school hours